All employers have a responsibility to protect their workers from the health risks of working with display screen equipment (DSE), such as PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Within the UK, Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 apply to workers who use DSE daily, for an hour or more at a time.
Incorrect use of DSE or poorly designed workstations or work environments can lead to pain in necks, shoulders, backs, arms, wrists, and hands as well as fatigue and eye strain. The causes may not always be obvious and can be the result of a combination of factors. It goes without saying that repetitive strain injuries can be painful – but they’re avoidable with the right level of care and compliance.
How Mirashare can help
- Totally configurable, with a default set of questions available.
- Notifies the necessary people when required.
- Schedules repeat assessments.
- Ensures and promotes compliance.
- Integrated action tracking.
- Option to abandon assessments when circumstances require.
- Simple to use, with guidance and diagrams where applicable.
- Allows further assessment and assignment of actions if needed.
Covering not only the computer aspects, but also the work environment, Mirashare’s DSE Assessment Software allows each person to carry out their own assessment, notifying EHS experts only when a question is answered in a way that requires further assessment. And because our software is flexible, you can add to the existing set of questions as well as include more attachments to ensure consistency and understanding. For those countries where the legislation requires a trained assessor to carry out each DSE assessment, Mirashare also allows the system to be configured to support this. So whatever your needs, we can be flexible.